Reasons you may want to consider getting dentures:
- Dentures today are virtually indistinguishable from natural teeth due to advances in technology.
- Dentures may reduce the chances of getting TMJ in some situations
- Dentures help you maintain your smile when you have missing teeth
- Partial Dentures can keep your teeth from moving if you have a gap
- Partial Dentures can prevent wear and tear on remaining teeth
- Dentures can prevent the mouth and face from ‘caving in’
- Dentures can help you feel confident about your smile
- Dentures can mean no further cavities or root canal procedures
- Dentures may be the least expensive treatment option
What are the negative aspects of Getting Dentures?
- If all the teeth are pulled, there will be bone shrinkage in the jaw
- You should avoid chewing gum
- It can take time to learn how to eat with dentures
- There is an adjustment period while you get used to wearing dentures which can affect speaking, saliva flow and dentures being dislodged while coughing or sneezing
- Some people may experience constant gagging if they don’t adjust well
- Dentures should not be worn 24 hours a day
- Fungal infections may occur if dentures are not properly cleaned
- Dentures typically need to be replaced roughly every five years
What are alternatives to Dentures?
Dr. Keith Phillips has developed highly sought-after expertise in the field of restoration dentistry, and frequently conducts trainings in Prosthodontics. At Distinctive Dentistry, we excel in building dentures and partials, using the latest technology to provide the best possible outcome. We recognize the importance of building trusting, long-term relationships with patients, working together with you to find the best possible dental solution to your oral health needs. Give us a call to schedule an appointment with Dr. Phillips, (253) 922-6822.