Invisalign® invisible braces are ideal for treating certain orthodontic issues, including:
- Crossbites: This is a misalignment of the top and bottom jaw, where one set of teeth will be offset to one side, sitting inside the other. This can be limited to a single tooth or more and can cause affected teeth to wear badly.
- Tooth gaps: Whether due to missing teeth or atypical jaw growth, spacing issues can cause a poor bite and increase the risk of periodontal disease.
- Open bite: Often due to thumb-sucking or atypical jaw growth, this refers to a condition where teeth on the top jaw cannot make contact with their counterparts on the lower jaw. This can be painful on the joints and lead to abnormal wear on other teeth.
- Overbite: This occurs when the front teeth come over the bottom teeth when a patient bites down. This can cause gum irritation and painful joints.
- Underbite: The reverse of the overbite, this condition has the lower teeth out in front to the upper teeth in a bite position. This can cause joint pain and abnormal wear.
If you have any of these conditions, you are an ideal candidate for Invisalign® invisible braces. These orthodontic aligners will be custom made and are designed to be easy to use, comfortable and inconspicuous – as well as giving you exceptional results. Made of clear plastic and fitting directly over your natural teeth, they will not irritate your gums or mouth or affect your appearance. Contact us today if you are in Fife or the surrounding area for more information on invisible braces – and start your journey to an exceptional smile!